Hey guys, It’s has been a while since the last blog post but things are going nice, we have some expansions to the team and I have been working on the programming.
the design document
Jack has put a lot of work in the design document for the past 2weeks and has finished it, everything is written down on paper and we know what the game is going to be like
the game itself
While Jack was working on the design document I decided to finish the skill system, the first enemy and the stat system(health, energy and shields)
You guys remember the time where I was searching for a artist, now there is not one, not two but three artist working on the art(1concept artist and 2artists) and the game is starting to get a nice shape
After a couple of days working on the design script, it’s starting to come together really nicely. I’ve also made some really nice progress on the skill system. I had to stare at it for a couple of hours to find out that colliders are acting strange again (this was for the AOE damage), but it’s working now. We also have some new members to welcome to the team. There’ll be more news on that soon.
While I’m searching for an artist, I’m stuck with placeholders. That’s how it starts… It isn’t bad, but something with a bit more vertices and color would be nicer to look at. With the character movement in place, I’m starting to work on the first weapon: the assault rifle, which is a rapid-firing weapon with low damage and a medium chance of hitting.
After a week off from thinking about the game, I finally started working on it. The player movement is in place (mk1), and I’m now working on the basic attack for the first class