Hey guys, It’s has been a while since the last blog post but things are going nice, we have some expansions to the team and I have been working on the programming.
the design document
Jack has put a lot of work in the design document for the past 2weeks and has finished it, everything is written down on paper and we know what the game is going to be like
the game itself
While Jack was working on the design document I decided to finish the skill system, the first enemy and the stat system(health, energy and shields)
You guys remember the time where I was searching for a artist, now there is not one, not two but three artist working on the art(1concept artist and 2artists) and the game is starting to get a nice shape
Sorry about the delay! We’ve been so busy with the game that we forgot to update our development journal.
At this point, we’ve completed the design document, and the skills we want to implement have been programmed. Our composer and sound designer have also been hard at work in creating the music and sound effects for the game. They plan on using a modular type of composition for the soundtrack. This means that they will layer the music in accordance to the events within the game. For example, if the player encounters an enemy, there will be a theme that is layered on top of the initial theme (as opposed to simply changing the track). We feel this will be less abrupt and will allow us to communicate the atmosphere of the world more effectively.
That’s all for now! We’ll talk a little bit about our progression system in our next update.
Yes, we know… it’s not pretty, but it doesn’t need to be. What’s important is that the current mechanics that are designed are operational.
(This is why we need an artist, by the way).
After a couple of days working on the design script, it’s starting to come together really nicely. I’ve also made some really nice progress on the skill system. I had to stare at it for a couple of hours to find out that colliders are acting strange again (this was for the AOE damage), but it’s working now. We also have some new members to welcome to the team. There’ll be more news on that soon.
While I’m searching for an artist, I’m stuck with placeholders. That’s how it starts… It isn’t bad, but something with a bit more vertices and color would be nicer to look at. With the character movement in place, I’m starting to work on the first weapon: the assault rifle, which is a rapid-firing weapon with low damage and a medium chance of hitting.
After a week off from thinking about the game, I finally started working on it. The player movement is in place (mk1), and I’m now working on the basic attack for the first class