Author Posts

February 18, 2018 at 9:21 am

Too often nowadays we see the need for a driving narrative or gripping plot not necessarily overlooked, but perhaps glossed over or replaced with cutting-edge graphics or revolutionary game design. Let me ask you a question. What is going to stick with an audience more? Stunning graphics, or a story that hits them like a freight train? The best gun-handling in a game they’ve ever experienced, or a plot that shakes them to their core?

This is what I’m looking to deliver. Complex stories, gripping dialogue, and detailed descriptions are all crucial to a story driven game. Even when the story takes a seat on the back burner, anything revolving around dialogue needs to be carefully tailored. If this has at all resonated with you, I encourage you to consider hiring me as a writer for your game.

As far as writing for particular video games, I’ve written for two independent, released (one is currently soon-to-be-released, within a month.) games, one named “SpaceDweller” which is a turn-based tactical fighting game. ( For this, I wrote the entirety of the lore behind the game, all of it able to be found after destroying enemies and taking form as ship logs. This was a great project for me to get started as a writer in this field. It was small enough to not overwhelm me, yet enough content to give me a proper job. I did well enough for the owner to let me use him as a recommendation. “Uplinked is a very efficient, responsible and creative writer. I had the pleasure of working with him.” Unlike me, Roman is a man of few words, but it gets the point across. I deliver.

The other game I’ve written for is a contract a very recently finished, and it’s a skill-based train racing game which will be on mobile devices. Currently, it’s in its final steps of being released on the market. I wrote in all of the achievements, and a small amount of dialogue that takes place as prompts for the player, and as a space filler between rounds.

Outside of game writing, I have five years of serious writing under my belt, all looking to improve my skills. I love writing, I always have, and the interest to pursue it professionally was a rather recent development. The love stems from me writing a book for fun when I was seven. This ‘book’ was about a family of penguins that went on a series of adventures, and it opened up my love for the fantasy genre. I’m currently working on an actual book I hope to get published one day. It’s actually a theme you don’t see all that often; Steampunk. It has been a wonder creating the world, make of floating islands and traditional sailing ships turned into colossal airships, and I’m happy to share it with anyone who’s interested.

I’m timely and efficient, always looking to work with deadlines as they add a sense of urgency and I work well with pressure.

I’m affordable, I’m not looking to get rich off of writing. It’s something I enjoy, but I’m currently just a student. I won’t work without pay, in part because this isn’t an easy service to provide, but it also shows that it’s an investment that developers are willing to invest in.

Simply put, I’m good at writing. I’ve included the link to my website at the bottom of this pitch and you can find my contact info and some writing samples so you can see for yourself.

I’m also available for proofreading. This goes especially for people who have a good grasp on English, and have translated their game themselves, but want someone to iron it out.

I can also do status updates and blog posts as well, providing a fanbase with information in a clear and readable fashion, while also keeping it light and fun to read.

I have a wide variety of skills that I can use while I’m writing for you. My best strength is in descriptions, (item descriptions to be specific) and story-telling, but I’m great with dialogue as well.

I’d love it if you would email me at

Discord is also another great way to contact me and tends to be a little bit faster. My tag is Uplinked #6179

My website: