Author Posts

June 14, 2015 at 1:57 pm

There will be a day in the future where I need to decide my own studio name.

Where did your team get your name from? Or what inspired it?

June 14, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Alco Software – Alex Constantin (

June 14, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Not a studio, but the website name comes from a latin word “Lusus”.

In ancient Roman culture, the Latin word ludus(plural ludi) has several meanings within the semantic field of “play, game, sport, training” 

June 14, 2015 at 3:26 pm

@alexcons I tried : Jonathan Steven Tanu – Jostan Software 😀

@admin So that is where ‘Ludust’ come from. I’ve been wondering about that some time ago. I thought you got the name Ludust from ‘Ludum Dare’.

June 14, 2015 at 3:31 pm

I didn’t know of Ludum Dare until I started making the site. However, the study of games is called ludology, and then there is a popular board game called ludo so that word is all around us 😀

June 14, 2015 at 3:42 pm

TIL (Today I Learned). From wikipedia :

Game studies, gaming theory or <b>ludology</b> is a discipline that deals with the critical study of games. More specifically, it focuses on game design, players, and their role in society and culture.

Ah, I know Ludo, that is one of the most RNG/luck based game 😀 I remembered playing it with my friends on the phone app

June 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm

That’s a new word in my vocabulary!

June 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I’d taken a slight obsession towards the sounding of Latin terminology and as such I took to the name “Infinitus Designs”, meaning Limitless Designs, followed by the motto “Our Passion Is Our Power”.

Now, once I get everyone to pronounce it properly, the world is mine.

June 14, 2015 at 7:35 pm

I had to look up how to pronounce infinitus – I had it all wrong! Latin derivations make the best names 😉

June 15, 2015 at 10:32 am

@admin Trivia for the day! I thought Ludust was just a word that you creatively came up with. It’s super catchy. 🙂 Was able to remember it in one go.

@furibaito: Jostan Software sounds really good! Sounds like a legit name for a person.

@alexcons: Alco, reminds me of something from a show. Can’t place my finger on it though…

@jordan_martin: Hahaha, Limitless is definitely classy for sure! Great choice of words. 🙂

Big Steps… well, actually I was brainstorming names because @barzini (who was working on a project with me) urged that I come up with a studio title. I wanted to focus on the idea of “progression” and “success.” Baby Steps, I felt, didn’t leave as strong of an impact for me, so I went with “Big” instead. ^^

June 15, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Carpione Games (creating Interibang at the moment):

Carpione is a typical Italian dish made with courgettes, chicken, egg, garlic, wine and onions.

I proposed this name because that day (well, that evening in Italy) I ate carpione while the other team members were choosing a name. It’s really tasty.

June 18, 2015 at 2:44 am

Pandagon Studios Inc. was formed a little over a year ago. I have always loved panda bears ever since I was a child. When I was creating the studios names, I began to think about how I could incorporate pandas with in a video game studio. My first thought was to try to find another word that begins with a “P”, and settled on a word that every 3d object is made out of, polygons. We began to brainstorm some ideas and how to combine the 2, and eventually settled on Pandagon (Panda + Polygon).