Author Posts

May 15, 2015 at 5:52 pm

I have enjoyed many game soundtracks and most of my favorite come from older games.

My top is:

Castlevania Symphony of the night

Final Fantasy 3

Castlevania Lament of Innocence

May 15, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Great question. I have always found video game music to be great too. My favorite ost so far is probaly from Megaman in the nes. The 3rd game had the best tunes. I also like the music in most castlevania games. SOTN was and still is amazing!

May 16, 2015 at 12:28 am

Final Fantasy 7  has got to be one of my all time favorites but I agree, SOTN was excellent!

May 16, 2015 at 7:03 am

That’s tough, I think my favourites are:

– Super Mario Galaxy

– Final Fantasy VI

– The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

– FEZ

May 16, 2015 at 7:24 am

I like Megaman Battle Network series OST, Ace Attorney series OST and mostly Super Robot Wars/Super Robot Taisen series OST.

Here is my favorite track of all time from SRW : YT Link Although not that old, but still eargasmic.

May 16, 2015 at 9:47 am

There is something about Chrono Cross OST that I love; brings so many emotions.

May 16, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I love the soundtrack to Dustforce! Check some of the songs out – so laid back and just perfect for the game:

They grow rather than grate which is good cause you end up playing the levels over a lot.

Bastion is great too:

And then Ocarina of Time is a sountrack I will always remember!

May 16, 2015 at 4:54 pm

This is not exactly my favourite one but one I won’t forget: Lavender Town theme, from Pokemon

May 16, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Although they were licensed tracks, I thought Braid had some pretty good music.

May 23, 2015 at 6:12 am

The soundtracks that I most often find myself listening to outside of the game are those of the Fable series, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Ace of Spades (horrible game, great ost), anything Jeremy Soule has ever touched.

May 23, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Total Annihilation!

May 23, 2015 at 4:38 pm

For me, it has to be CHRONO TRIGGER

May 25, 2015 at 7:41 am

Square seems to have popular OSTs. And here I am with another Square title: Legend of Mana. A lot of it has to do with nostalgia, but this one really does it for me.

May 25, 2015 at 11:27 am

+1 for bastion soundtrack. There are really good tracks which goes well with the game.

Also, the obligatory final fantasy music (7 and 8 specially) but maybe it’s more thanks to the nostalgia 🙂

June 8, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Freelancer immediately comes to mind. It really captures that “adventures in space” feeling. Penumbra also had some really great songs, I still get them stuck in my head.

I think my all time favorite OST has to be from Kairo. It has this wonderful ambient, otherworldly kind of sound track that fits the game perfectly. I listen to it often.