Author Posts

May 27, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Hi everyone! I know a lot of you are working on projects off site and I was hoping you might share a little of what you are up to with us.

Are you composing/programming/drawing anything you would like to share? I hope so 🙂

May 27, 2015 at 5:08 pm

I am learning the Godot engine while designing a very simplistic mobile physics game

May 27, 2015 at 5:17 pm

I’m currently creating the other 4 levels for the new ship ‘Kittan’ I made in Solar Ascension.
This is Kittan lvl 1, GFYCAT~

I’ve made all the sprites for lvl 2 to 5, but I just need to make the drills larger a bit and deal moar damage.

May 27, 2015 at 8:02 pm

I’m currently working on a prototype for a 2d action-rpg game on the Unreal engine 4. I planned to finish most of the core features for the end of the week, but I probably have to report some features for next week. I hope to finish as quickly as possible a prototype in order to convince some artits to join me 🙂

May 27, 2015 at 11:41 pm

I’m working on a multiplayer 2d action-puzzle game. I was building it in Construct 2, but quickly hit a performance wall with the key mechanic of the game. This past week has been me getting the prototype level rebuilt in Gamemaker. As with @navezof, I’m hoping to get it to the point where I can attract some quality help! 😛

(My old Construct 2 Demo)

May 28, 2015 at 11:35 pm

I’m working on a visual novel with a lovely team that revolves around crime-solving. It’s got a vintage feel to it, I’m really enjoying the learning experience (especially for clothing!). I’m also working on learning Python and LMMS to work on a VN of my own, but it’s in a very rough stage, not really in true development. At least not until I acquire the skills I’ll need.

Everyone’s projects sounds really cool! @riftrune, Defuse The Bomb was awesome haha where did you learn Unity?

May 29, 2015 at 1:49 am

Thanks, @wendybirdx! It’s not the most polished thing I’ve ever put out (especially the UI and soundtrack), but for 7 days of work fit in around a full-time job, I”m happy with it. 🙂

Everything I know about Unity was self-taught. The documentation, forums, and tutorials for it are some of the most comprehensive around. Though a healthy background in C# didn’t hurt either, haha.

May 29, 2015 at 5:56 am

An original RPG with an awesome soundtrack and fun aesthetics! 😀

June 10, 2015 at 4:02 pm

I want to make a game that uses scanned images of household objects, toys, and crafts as graphics. I did something similar with watercolor paintings for the last game I made, so I wanted to push the strangeness further and make it super tacky and pop culture-y, sort of like Tetrageddon Games. Not sure if it’ll be a game or just a fun toy box of things to mess around with, but if anyone has ideas for gameplay elements I should use, I’d love to hear them.