Author Posts

June 14, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Your members page

I have started redesigning this as it just looked horrible.

Apart from the aesthetic changes going on a big change is that side-wide activity is now shown when you login or you click on your name in the top right. Previously it was just activity you were involved in which was pretty useless. Now you get an instant view of what is going on on the site – forum posts, shout box announcements etc and gives you an easy way to share and see updates.

On the left of the members page I have added a box with the members picture and level/xp. Rewards,  and features that you unlock will also go here. A feature I will implement and at least trial out is more functionality for higher level users. It probably won’t be key functionality but perhaps the shoutbox is only usable after 1px (a forum post), ability to change your member background at 50xp, game idea generator at 200px – or w/e other small features I put on the site.  I want to reward users who use the site a bit, who create projects, use the forums, fill in their profiles etc.

On that note I am still looking for a better system of names for the classes when you level up. I would love to do something to do with the game industry, so if anyone can think of terms for people just starting off to executives please let me know. The only catch is I don’t want people to think these are users actual real life titles or jobs, so they should be fun titles and still relevant.

Game Jam

You will notice a new item in the menu. This takes you to the game jam page. It is pretty empty there right now but you can see/join any teams that have signed up for the game jam and you can start your own team from that page. It will have a lot more going on on it once the game jam goes live.

Testimonials

You can leave users a testimonial. Please, if you have worked with someone (on or off the site) and they have impressed you, take the time to leave them a testimonial. I think it will be a lot easier for people to be accepted for jobs if they have testimonials from respected users. Right now the user you leave a testimonial can choose to show your testimonial or not. There are a few reasons for this that I will not go into right now.

Also a few bug fixes plus a link in the projects drop down to create a project.

I think that is it for now. We have changes coming up for composers and writers soon, mobile optimisation, project creation and project design, new ways of listing/searching for projects and plenty more.

If you like the website please let people know about it 🙂

Thanks for reading, let me know if you have any feedback.

Nick

June 15, 2015 at 10:27 am

@admin This is super awesome! I really love the new testimonial feature (and not just because you left me such an awesome review <3 ). I’ll leave you one real soon. 😉

I think it’s a great idea to spread out (non-foundational) perks based on points. It’ll incentivize people to be more active around the forums.

Excited for future updates as always!

June 15, 2015 at 10:45 am

😀 glad you like the testimonial feature! Don’t worry about leaving me a review, I am not going to be applying to many projects 🙂

Cool, in that case I will probably go ahead and add perks based on xp soon!

Hope you are well and work is going good 🙂

June 15, 2015 at 10:51 am

@admin: Thanks! 🙂 I’m looking forward for things calming down for me in mid-July, and hoping that when it happens, I’ll be able to contribute some custom graphics for the site.

June 15, 2015 at 10:53 am

That would be amazing when things calm down for you! But no pressure at all – it seems like you are doing a lot of stuff right now.

June 15, 2015 at 10:58 am

Aha, sorry it started interfering with my participation! Will make up for it in July though. 🙂

June 15, 2015 at 11:20 am

Oh no I didn’t mean that!! Its just you are working, plus here plus your art. I just meant you are a busy person 🙂

June 15, 2015 at 11:22 am

Haha, thank you! As are you, juggling such a big commitment with Ludust and your job and the other projects you’re involved with. 😀

Edit: I totally how we diverged this entire topic from the update to our lives. xD

June 15, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Thank you for all the work your doing on the website Nick!

June 15, 2015 at 5:09 pm

You are very welcome @nate

Aha there is your pacman badge for solving the guess the games 😀