Author Posts

May 29, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I think a nice little feature to add would be something in a user’s profile or even a sub-section in the forums with a user’s “gallery” of things they’ve produced.

For artists, it would be their artwork. For composers, it would be their music. For writers, it would be their prose. For coders, it would be sample code (kind of like github?). For producers, it would be links & descriptions of games they’ve helped produce. And so on.

I think that way, when people apply for projects, the project lead has the option to go through their “background” or “gallery,” and make a decision based on their credentials and portfolio.

May 29, 2015 at 10:37 pm

I think it is a useful idea for those members which do not have a blog or website to post on

May 30, 2015 at 9:09 am

@alexcons – And also as a general tool for project leads to see all the portfolios in one go.

May 30, 2015 at 9:25 am

This is a really good idea.

As you say Wifom , it will be useful for project leaders to check on people past work and as you mention Alex it will be useful for people to have a place where they can organise their portfolio and refer people to it, especially those without a website.

It is easy to give artists a gallery but musicians are a bit tougher as they tend to use sites like SoundCloud. However, I could give them the ability to embed their SoundCloud into their portfolio.. I will have a think!

This is definitely going on the site to do list.

June 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm

@admin good stuff but please consider bandcamp/vimeo also :>

June 19, 2015 at 2:31 pm

@peterpiano Sure, I will look into it!

I am also going to encourage/reward people for uploading music to the site. I am going to make it easier for project leaders to see portfolio items uploaded and I am also going to show portfolios off around the site more.