Author Posts

April 17, 2015 at 2:14 pm

I think it would be useful if the users were recommended to you based on the skills they have filled in. So if your project needs a graphics artist and the graphics artists on the site get recommended to you and you can message them. I might do this one soon. Or at least make it so you can search for users with the skills you are after!

I also think I should somehow allow users to go into more depth about their skills. eg:  for an artist chooses Artist, then can choose between –  3d, 2d, pixel, mapper, texture etc, and programmers what languages they can work in. It seems a bit basic at the moment.

April 17, 2015 at 3:24 pm

I also thing that being able to search for user, or for project that match the required skills would be a good thing to have.

Talking about recommendation, having a feature which allow people from the same project to rate other people’s skills could be nice. For exemple, If I worked with a programmer who made a good job on the AI programming, I can recommend his skills in Ai programming.

There is a feature like that on the professional network website linkedIn.

I also approve allowing people to go more in depth with their skills.

April 17, 2015 at 3:45 pm

That’s interesting – so basically you are leaving feedback on a member you have worked with. So if members have a “feedback” section where you could leave/read comments(feedback) left by other members about working with them.

Or are you thinking a rating system where you click feedback, see there skills listed and then can rate out of 10 based on your experience?

April 17, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I didn’t though about having a feedback. That could also be interesting.

For the rating, I don’t know if a rating out of ten is a good idea. Maybe too scholar? It’s always hard to give a fair rating.

I was thinking about a simple +1. If you think someone did a good job with a particular skill you can give him +1 on his skill.

Once again, it can be easily be abused and being source of rage. (“What you gave me a bad comment? Then I’ll give you a worse one!”) You’ll just have to have faith in the community 🙂

April 17, 2015 at 4:03 pm

I think I prefer the feedback comment idea as otherwise how do you to say why you rated high or low.

Just read the plus one idea,  I like that too.

These ratings are going to be really important to the recruiting process eventually so we need to get it right.

April 17, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Big news on the first part of this – there is a new link in the top left menu (I will add a link elsewhere later too) to a search members area. You can search by skill by ticking which skill you want. Then you can see members, add them as friends or go on their profile to message/read their profile.

Hope this makes finding people to join your team easier!