Author Posts

June 3, 2015 at 2:54 am

Howdy!

Kind of a ghost town still, but that makes each of us the more valuable, doesn’t it?

I’ve always felt a writer but it had to take 20+ years to realize it’s what I’m in this world for. This doesn’t mean I’m not willing to apply my skills, learn new ones or try things out of my comfort zone. But I love creating and describing systems, with life and the cosmos being the ultimate forms of evolving, self-organizing ones. So If you have a complex world in your head, it would be awesome to help getting it out and bringing it to life. Giving life to radically new experiences and environments is simply the best thrill there is.

I want to devote my life to showing people how systems work and how they can be intervened and created, with a special focus on societies, economics, global financial systems and the history of the above. But in all I love great stories, by ‘great’ meaning they help us uncover new hints about our most profound questions: why are we here, why is there something instead of nothing.

I believe gamification is here to stay, but we’ve only scratched the surface of the purposes it can serve in our learning, our society, our consciousness.

Skills
I have been a project management and consultant for over 5 years and I like to see things done, and make people see their own stuff moving forward. I’m an economist with master studies Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance (currently in permanent hiatus). I have translated general stuff, technical and scientific documents, and even a couple of webapps. I have consulted for public sector and startups on innovation, marketing, Project Management, Strategy, Business Intelligence and Proposals. I have manage to obtain funding for over USD 17MM for all kinds of projects. To sum up:
— Spanish (Latin American) and English (North America) Translation. I’ve worked and lived in both languages.
— Mad Excel (VBA), Word and PowerPoint (also Prezi) Skills, as well as Google Docs. I’ve made a lot of Spreadsheets, from financial modelling  to interactive games. From revenue projections to formatting dialogues, Excel is my weapon of choice.
— Strategist and Planner: Agile, Logical Framework, Canvas, Lean Startup, Kanban and UML among my domain.
— Excellent Business Writing Skills, with thousands of pages written for Business Plans, Project Charters, Business Intelligence Proposals, and divulgative articles.
— Decent Math and Statistics Skills, particularly applied to finance, planning and economic modelling and simulation.
<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>—</span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”> 1 year of experience in instructional  design.
— Self directed learner in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, Python and R. I have also worked with Matlab, Latex and other scientific software.
</span>

Take a look at my very amateur portfolio of plots and excerpts in my blog, Actuarial Spinoffs http://actuarialspinoffs.tumblr.com/ . All of those ideas are ready to be crafted into any kind of gaming concept.

Let’s do this!

June 3, 2015 at 7:15 am

@cristiantduque

Nice to meet you.  You have a very strong and quite unique skill set for this site. I can imagine nearly any project benefitting from having you on the team. I hope you find something good to be a part of.

June 4, 2015 at 1:28 am

Wow, it’s very exciting to hear that. All I want at the moment is to make stuff and learn.

June 4, 2015 at 2:39 am

Welcome, @cristianduque 🙂 You have such a wide range of skills that I completely agree with @tomo. Good luck with finding a project!