Author Posts

September 18, 2017 at 3:38 am

I have been making a couple of posts on these forums, but I noticed that I can’t delete my existing posts and it’s getting really annoying.

Whether this was intentional or not, I don’t know, what I do know is that I have been struggling to post on these forums because of it.

I made a post telling people that I needed Programmers but now I am trying to focus on Artists but I can’t delete my existing post!

I think that is a major design flaw and needs to be fixed.

Admin, please notice this!!!

October 3, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Hi John! Sorry I was a bit slow on this. The reason you can’t delete your posts is as follows:

In the traditional forum sense, allowing users to delete their content far after the fact can actually have negative consequences for the entire site, manipulating search results, causing 404 issues, and other URL hacks. Add to this that if a user suddenly deletes their post, when other users have replied and it’s become a useful resource, it can cause issues.

I’m not ruling adding the ability out of the question – but at the moment if you just edit and flag your posts, I’ll remove them. I have given users unlimited time to edit their posts, so I hope that helps.

October 4, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Ah okay, thanks for the answer though!