Author Posts

June 1, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Hey guys,

I am currently undecided what I want to study at college/university. I am 100% sure it is computer science related however, I am not sure if I should take the software engineering course or the hardware engineering (or even big data analysis). I know this is a very personal question however I would definitely appreciate some advice or suggestions.

And of course, game development would remain as a hobby.

Thanks

June 1, 2015 at 7:01 pm

I hope some people who have taken computer science courses can give you some advise.

For my own part I would simply say choose the course that you would enjoy doing the most. I picked a course that I didn’t enjoy – it made university tougher as I had to force myself to complete my work and my work itself was never excellent – certainly never done with any passion.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life

June 1, 2015 at 7:24 pm

@admin, thanks for your input.

I currently enjoy programming which tips more towards software engineering however I have been reading books and have started to create small circuits with Arduino, which is more related to hardware engineering.

June 2, 2015 at 3:21 am

@alexcons I was in a same boat with you. I was confused at making this similiar decision. It’s true what @admin said. Choose what you enjoy the most. It’s a good thing that you had tried both programming and creating circuits. Ask yourself, what do you enjoyed the most? When programming? Or when creating circuits?

For me, I got confused to pick between 3D Animation, Software Enginering, or Web Design. I had tried all of them and I’ve decided to take the software enginering path which I feel most comfortable with.