Author Posts

May 17, 2015 at 4:53 pm

It would be very useful to have a simple online chat. Maybe just use freenode and set a specific channel or code a chat system using Ajax, which should be a good language to code it in.

May 17, 2015 at 4:59 pm

What kind of chat do you mean @alexcons, do you mean site wide so you can talk to anyone or are you after group chat?

May 17, 2015 at 5:56 pm

A site wide chat. To set a very simple chat, use freenode: https://webchat.freenode.net/

All you have to do to connect is define a channel name, ie: #ludust

Then, the user connects with a nickname. Simple.

June 19, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Group chat or Project/wide chat would be a nice addition also cause even though posting status updates and such ist fine and all, its still not that responsive, and many dont feel like posting some through those channels.

June 19, 2015 at 2:28 pm

again im necroing old dead threads -_- sowweh

June 19, 2015 at 2:35 pm

mm I had live chat for a while, although with a 5 second delay. It then destroyed the website for the next two days and is one of the reasons I have just moved servers. I will look into again now.

My problem with live chat is it discourages people from using the forum and activity stream, meaning less content for the site and less content for new members to see or read. On top of that, as the site is still very young there is not a massive user base so chat might be quite lonely!

Giving groups their own chat seems like a good idea and something I would prefer to do.

June 19, 2015 at 2:56 pm

yeah as you explained it, it makes a lot of sense, still group chats would be a nice addition.

June 19, 2015 at 8:27 pm

There was a time, where their was a online chat on this website. Then as some poor souls adventured on the land of this online chatting. But one day, there was nothing but silence, and fall into the darkness of the oblivion.

Yep, it was fun, it would be nice to have it again (and a little more sturdy 😉 )

June 19, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Lol, they were dark times indeed 🙁