Author Posts

May 25, 2015 at 2:04 pm

You probably know Solar Ascension here in Ludust
http://ludust.wpengine.com/projects/solar-ascension/
Or from the Youtube video

There is a basic problem with the game, that is, the name. These issues are based on my personal opinion, so it may differs for the others.
1. It’s too long. Long names are harder to remember. Not all long names are bad, for example League of Legends because it can be shortened to LoL which is incredibly easy to remember. But SA (Solar Ascension) is bad.
2. It’s a bit awkward to say it. Try to speak ‘Solar Ascension’. Maybe it’s just me but it sounds awkward for me. Other game names with good titles like Minecraft and Counter-Strike are easy to say and comfortable to hear. (For me at least)
3. Not googleable. For now, I think. There are a lot of mythical and scientific stuff when I try googling Solar Ascension.

Feel free to drop your suggestion here. Should I change the name? Or should I stay at Solar Ascension? It has to be space-themed tho
Thanks!

May 25, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Cosmic Surge? I have no idea, however I recommend you use this Thesaurus, to find synonyms for your game title: http://www.thesaurus.com/

May 25, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Solar Survivor 😀

But I also like the name you have already. Don’t feel pressured to change it. I bought a game called frozen synapse a while ago and that is not a catchy name!

May 25, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I like the name of current one, like admin says. Also, your game graphics is looking very beautiful!

Sorry my english is not very good 😛

May 26, 2015 at 8:39 am

Solar ascension sounds good. Even though the word “ascension” tend to be overused these days (or is it just me?)

Some ideas :

– Solar Tide / Tide of the sun
– Surge of the Sun
– The Last Sun
– 4.567 B.C (the sun age in Billion)
– Ashes

May 26, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I guess I’ll just stick with Solar Ascension then.
Actually I just find a better name, Star Crusader.
Sadly, it is used by an old game in 1994, Star Crusader. I wouldn’t like to risk with the lawsuits so, yeah.

May 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Haha yeah lawsuits are always good to avoid =) I think sticking with your name is a good idea.

@navezof 4.567 B.C is a great name, I am going to use that one day for some kind of arty game where you are a god and have to create galaxies. Then civilisations can come and inhabit the planets. Like ThemePark in space. Hm I like this idea!