Author Posts

May 8, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Just wanted to put this out there… I wasn’t sure where to start but I figured my topic should be themed like the alcoholic’s anonymous motto. You know the one…. “My names Jeff and I’m an alcoholic”. That’s what character design is to me. I love it…. not so much that I drink too much of it but once I get starting with a chorus group of characters and I know who they are I don’t think I know how to stop… That’s my love.

Anyway, I recently signed up to pencil kings to get myself back in the theme of working the traditional medium of pencil on paper. Most things are digital now but I now have a steady regime of hobby work. I have talent and I know how to build believable and immersive characters.

I am also trying to break into the games industry and someone suggest I tried mod teams but then I thought why not go one step further and see if I can join someone’s indie games project. So, here I am. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

I initially joined team ups and applied to a few projects there…. no response my requests are still pending. Figured id try here next and introduce myself and my skillset. Anyway, please if you have a project and you want some 3D character art or 2D character designs/orthographic’s or if you have a 3D character you want rigged or animated – get in touch!

I think that’s me in a nutshell, anything else your gonna have to imagine (not in a weird way imagine – just nice).
Okay Nice to meet you guys!

David

June 9, 2018 at 10:15 am

Hi David! could you post a link to something 2D, to get a sense of your preferred style? Also, are you interested in game design/writing/marketing? I want to form a two-person team, and want us both to have a hand in most aspects of production.

June 13, 2018 at 2:33 am

Apologies, I didn’t realise people were actually replying to me on here… Damn Junk email!
I will attach a few snippets from a pending project. Mostly 2D FYI if you wanna see 3D work go here: https://stitchshift.myportfolio.com

That’s a character I’m working on presently.

Hope that helps!

June 13, 2018 at 11:58 am

Thanks, David, impressive work! For my personal project, I’m going at a different style (less outlined, cel style), but looks like you have some interesting projects

June 13, 2018 at 4:49 pm

Well I do anything really I like a challenge 🙂

June 14, 2018 at 1:22 pm

How do you feel about rev-share? I’ve got some beginnings at http://poiesys.herokuapp.com

June 14, 2018 at 2:35 pm

Revenue share? Well for me its more about the portfolio but…. sure. I checked out your game found it a little tricky to control. What exactly is your project?

June 14, 2018 at 9:49 pm

I’m thinking we could begin a different project together, actually, if you’re interested. It’s sort of a Gilgamesh sequel adventure game. I have a rough outline of the settings and plot in mind. The main character would be Shamhat. I’m thinking she’d look sort of like this:

If you’d like to discuss further, please shoot an email to GMail address danwnielsen and I’ll provide further details

June 18, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Hey Dan,

Apologies for the delay in getting back in touch!

Is Gilgamesh an already existing property? I see her picture that’s fine is there any stylisation? Photoreal? Erm could you pm me your exact email address? or are you telling me its your name @gmail.com?

Get back to me