Author Posts

June 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Hello everyone!

I am a video game, film, & television music composer and Assistant Composer for Penka Kouneva (Gears of War 3, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands). I previously worked with Garry Schyman (Shadow of Mordor, Bioshock series) and Joel Goodman (Being Elmo, The American Experience) and am a writer for Vision1 Music, one of the leading music suppliers for CBS and FOX television networks.

With a specialization in epic fantasy and sentimental orchestral music, I blend unusual musical elements to produce compelling soundscapes. My most recent albums Hero of Legend and The Dramatic Film Soundtrack Collection feature my signature sound. Both albums are now available on iTunes and Amazon.

My music has been placed and performed internationally in films, TV shows, commercials, video games, museums, universities, master classes, churches, & school concerts. I am a multi-instrumentalist, adept with over 20 instruments including piano, strings, guitars, vocals, & percussion. While continually acquiring and implementing new instruments from around the world into his recordings, I am also passionate about electronic synthesis and creating my own unique instruments.

I am a graduate from Columbia College Chicago with a Masters in Music Composition for the Screen, where I studied under Hollywood film composers David McHugh (Mystic Pizza, Mr. North) and Gary Chang (Under Siege, The Breakfast Club) and am a graduate from Kennesaw State University with a Bachelors in Piano Performance. As an outspoken supporter of video game music, I also perform video game piano covers under the YouTube alias VGPianoMan. I am an active member of BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.).

For your consideration, here is a playlist of recent indie games I’ve written music for:

It’s a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to collaborating with you on future projects!

Thanks,
Steven Melin
http://www.stevenmelin.com

June 12, 2015 at 4:07 pm

That’s an impressive resume! I’m glad to see you among us 🙂

Welcome here Steven!

June 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Thanks Navezof! It’s a pleasure to meet you!

June 12, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Hi Steven, great to have you on the site. As navezof says, you have a really impressive resume and portfolio. Any project would be lucky to have you on board 🙂

I hope you enjoy using the site, let me know if you need a hand with anything on here.

June 12, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I appreciate the kind welcome! Will do.

June 13, 2015 at 6:17 pm

You have a very impressive orchestral portfolio @stevenmelin! Glad to see you’ve come to share some amazing talent! ^^  The music is very intense and gets you to hold onto the edges of your seat.

I think it’s my first time hearing orchestra style + 8bit pixel put together! Very interesting touch and thanks for sharing. It’s like a modern version of Pokemon music! Love it. 🙂

If you’re interested in working on some music for projects, we’ve got a game jam centered around musicians and composers! 😀

June 16, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Thanks @wifom! I appreciate your kind words. I would love to participate in the Game Jam if any developers are in need of a composer! 🙂

June 16, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Hey Steve,

Just wondering if your commission rates are indie friendly? I’m still looking for a composer for a visual novel project at the moment……… @wifom will know the sorrows I had looking for one.

June 16, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Hey @barzini! It’s a pleasure to meet you. Sure, I’m always open to indie projects of all budgets! Send me an email with more info and I’ll be in contact soon!