Author Posts

June 11, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Hello there! We are Fireline Games – a small group of indie game developers based in Poland. Since the beginning we have been mostly creating games for game jams but now we want to move on to a bigger project. Our latest game Spheres made for Ludum Dare 32 received a lot of good comments and placed high in final results, so we decided to make a psychological thriller with similar mood, graphics and high quality voice acting. We have already spent some time in pre-production designing the game. But to turn our vision into a high quality game we need to expand our team.

About the game:
•    Platform: PC
•    Genre: Psychological Thriller
•    Graphics: 3D
•    Single player only
•    Camera View: Third Person
•    Compensation: Royalties
We cannot post here anything more about the game, but we will supply interested candidates with additional information about the project.
What we offer:
•    Royalties (% from future revenues)
•    You will be an internal part of a small, passionate team of developers
•    Positive team environment – everyone enjoys working together in our team
•    You will be able to transform your ideas into a game
Team:
•    Project Manager & Lead Programmer: Kacper Kowalczuk
•    Programmer: Krzysztof Heldt
•    Lead 3D Artist: Marek Derkowski
•    3D Artist: Michał Antkiewicz
•    2D & Concept Artist: Daniel Kończyk

General requirements:
You need the following general requirements for all the positions to join our team.
•    Passion for games and creating them
•    An insatiable thirst for knowledge
•    Having time to work on the project – at least 10 hours per week and time to chat via Skype
•    Long-term interest and availability (6+ months)
•    You must be at least 18 years old
•    Ability to communicate in English
We are recruiting for the following positions:
Writer:
We are creating a narrated psychological thriller so the screenplay is one of the most important parts of our game. We are looking for someone creative with a passion for writing who will provide the players with an amazing story.
•    Expert at writing in the English language
•    Ability to work with level designer to ensure the game’s world matches your vision
•    Strong passion for writing

Level Designer:
We are looking for someone who can design maps with logical flow on paper and then convert them into immersive, interactive environments.
•    Experience in world building and lighting in UE4 is required
•    Talent for building beautiful and aesthetic levels is required
•    An eye for an interactive design
•    Knowledge of post process system in UE4 is highly valued

Animator:
We are looking for someone who will animate our main character, enemies etc.
•    Ability to create and maintain rigs
•    Experience in animating characters for 3rd person games
•    Ability to create and manage Animation Montages and Blendspaces
•    Experience working with Animation Blueprints is not required but highly valued

FX Artist:
We are looking for someone who not only wants to create stunning effects but also likes to try new things and unique approaches.
•    Knowledge of UE4 Particle Editor and how UE handles particles
•    Ability to create particles from scratch
•    Ability to work with programmers on creating interactive effects

Our previous work:
•    Jam Games:
o    Spheres: http://blog.firelinegames.com/games/spheres/
o    Mind Traveller: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-31/?action=preview&uid=39370
o    Zombie Trouble: http://blog.firelinegames.com/games/zombie-trouble/
•    And more…

For more information and applications email us at contact@firelinegames.com
Remember to include name, age, location, desired position and portfolio in applications.

June 12, 2015 at 8:35 am

I love the look of this. I am really into psychological thrillers and I look forward to seeing how this progresses! I hope you find the team members you need so that it can get finished and I can play it 😀

That first image is incredibly atmospheric and quite bates hotelesque.

June 13, 2015 at 6:12 pm

This is absolutely… out of this world, @ogniok! I was just sitting here in my chair staring at the wonderfully made graphics for the game. Guhhh, already a huge fan! 😀

Do you have a dev blog I can check out?

Also, you might have better luck finding someone by posting up a ludust project or checking out Quick Jobs (paid jobs) or Unpaid Work – these forums let you post up jobs and perhaps people will be more prone to respond to you there!

Really looking forward to this. I’m so hooked!

June 13, 2015 at 6:40 pm

@wifom We are glad you like it! 😀 We don’t have a  dev blog for this game yet but you can check out our team blog: http://blog.firelinegames.com/

When we start a development blog I’ll definitly post a link to it here, but it will be probably available at the same address.

June 13, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the link. Will be keeping an eye out on you guys. Your team does amazing work!

And yes, please let me know! I’d love to follow. ^^