Author Posts

August 13, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Again… Hello!

I’m here because I want to join a team who wants to create something (I apologize for being blunt). By something I mean anything. I have frequently witnessed development teams taking on grandiose projects that exceed their skill set. They’ll spend months designing a game only to find that they can’t develop it. Essentially, theses people are trying to write a novel without really knowing how to write.

I want to create games with realistic goals that will allow myself and those working alongside me to improve as video game developers. You know… something with a small scope. This is meant to be a learning exercise above all else.

As for my skill set, I’ve been writing since I was in middle school. I’m very familiar with how narratives are constructed and how to innovate in style and structure. However, I’m also very familiar with game design principles. I have participated in a few game development projects (nothing came of them), and I have had some experience with GameMaker and using Javascript.

I’m extremely interested in exploring interactive media as an art. It has so much potential. However, we all have to start somewhere though.

If anyone is interested, please contact me.

I look forward to working with you!

August 18, 2015 at 10:55 am

hey man, I think you haven’t used unity(from reading trough your post), I have been using it for about a year now and want to team up with someone, I’m working on a game(diablo/poe) style set in a futuristic space environment. but atm it’s just block and cylinders, the mechanics of the game and such are all decided trough programming skills(if you can do it it can be implemented) and for that reason the scope is your knowledge of programming, it’s not only for making something but also learning.

and if you have used game maker(did it myself for 2years) the step to unity is really easy with a bit of help and there is some really good documentation

August 18, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I’ve briefly looked into Unity, but felt it was out of my skill range. I have been working with Game Maker for about a year now. The majority of it was concerned with the drag-and-drop feature. However, I have recently started to work with the coding aspect of it because it gives me more possibilities.

The reason why I have delved into learning Javascript is because:

a.) It’s a good language to start with. It will give me a stronger understanding of programming logic and syntax

b.) Unity uses a slightly modified version of it. It’s an engine I want to work with.

I would love to help you with your project! I’m knowledgeable of game design theory, but my knowledge of its application (i.e. development) is a bit weak. So, I don’t know how much I can help, but I will certainly try!

August 18, 2015 at 6:59 pm

you said you looked into javascript but the game is written in c#, I don’t know if this is a problem for you