Author Posts

June 11, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Let me introduce myself,

My name’s Eric Gallardo, I am a life long lover of all things video games and film and I write music for a living, at least until I can land a full-time position as a blade runner. *crosses fingers*  Favorite games are Fallout 1, Half-Life 2, and Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.  As far as film goes, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Alien are my tops.

I’ve been writing music on game, indie film and theater projects for the past 5 years and I am constantly looking to collaborate with talented and creative developers on fun and interesting projects.  More than anything else I want to work with people who love what they do, so if that’s you we should talk!

-Eric J Gallardo

http://www.ericjgallardo.com

contact@ericjgallardo.com

June 12, 2015 at 6:45 am

Nice to see an experienced composer join the website, enjoy your stay!

June 12, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hi Eric, nice to meet you. Great film choices, but what are the your favourite films from within the 3 sets you mention? And are you looking forward to the new Star Wars? Trailer looks good!

A blade runner retires clones right, lol? Or is it some industry term I a missing?

June 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Thanks Alex, I’m sure I will enjoy it here!

Tomo, nice to meet you as well.  Favorites would have to be Empire, Raiders and Alien, the first one.  I’m hopeful that force awakens is good.  The trailers look super promising!

Yeah blade runners retire replicants haha.  Film was set in 2014 so I took it as a promise that I could be one by now 🙂

June 13, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Hiya @ericjgallardo! Glad to have you on the forums and welcome. 😀 Not sure I’m familiar with the term “blade runners” (it made me think of Maze Runner though ahah). Your website looks awesome and very sleek. ^^

Although I have to admit I’ve never played the games you mentioned, I have definitely heard of them!

“The Lion’s Den” was very appropriate and reminded me of classic movie music you would hear when danger’s looming! (Almost like Jaws haha!) It was a great mood-matcher. You set the tone really well.

If you feel like you’d want to put your music up to the test, we’ve got a game jam going that will judged mostly on music! ^^

June 14, 2015 at 12:53 am

Hi Wifom, thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words about my music.

That whole thing with becoming a blade runner is a lame joke about the movie Blade Runner 🙂

You should definitely play them if you’re okay with dated graphics, the mechanics are solid and really great experiences.

I’d love to be a part of another game jam!  When I’m in the middle of projects or have spare time during one I do like to work on game jams, I’ve done a couple of ludum dare ones in the past.  Where on the site can I find more info?

June 15, 2015 at 10:34 am

Eric , this some amazing work you got there, really love fluidity of those tunes will have a closer look when im home, but so far im impressed!

on a side note , im curious what are game jams? is it like “jamming” ? music wise? any info would be appreciated!

June 15, 2015 at 11:04 am

@ericjgallardo: Yes! You mean like the pokemon-style graphics? Love it. Makes it so much more nostalgic!

That’s awesome! I haven’t actually gotten a chance to participate in any Ludum Dares, but it’s definitely on my to-do list.

Here’s a couple linkes:

@peterpiano: Game jams are like hackathons for game development. 🙂 You’re given a time limit to create a game (usually) from scratch and (sometimes) with brand new assets. Ludust’s game jam is from July 1 to July 15. Our focus for #GameJamPacked is to make it music centered because a lot of the game jams out there now don’t really appreciate music as we’d like to.

To ensure that there isn’t any cheating, most game jams announce a surprise “theme” that the game will need to incorporate to prove that they hadn’t started on the game before hand. We’re doing the same. ^^

June 15, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thanks @peterpiano, glad you enjoyed some of my music.

@wiform, The graphics aren’t 8bit, For Morrowind they are early polygonal graphics.The art direction is still gorgeous it’s just not as high fidelity as today’s games.  For Fallout they are more sprite-based 2D games with an isometric view.