Author Posts

July 16, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Our team is way far from deadline, so maybe we’ll upload our game later, just as some example of how theme can be turned around and wrapped in some nice story.

July 16, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Looking forward to it @ckau 😀

August 1, 2015 at 11:28 am

So, what’s up with game jam?

I’ve spent last two weeks digging for new job and doing lots of interrogations (don’t know how otherwise you call this talks with HRs), also studied particles, signed up and got approved to DJ on huge local three days rave-festival… another words, was stucked with doings.

Anyways, I’m still thinking about game I’ve started making for this Jam, and I have huge desire to dev it to the end. Main question is – should I find time for achieving this as soon as I can (if Jam is kinda ongoing), or I can move this project in folder “ToDoLater” and fill my time-pipeline with something else?

August 3, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Hey @ckau, sorry for the slow reply! I have been so busy lately. This game jam is over and awaiting judging, but we will have another soon.

It sounds your are passionate about the game you started and that you should finish the game regardless of the game jam being over! I would love to see it!

Also, congrats on the DJ work, sounds awesome 🙂

August 3, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Yeah, I never start or do something until I really like the idea and believe I can execute it in a right way. But, similar to your situation – life often takes another turn without noticing me, without any options to do stuff I want instead of stuff I need to do.

So, yeah. I’m always keeping track on stuff that I was making, but time and resource management is tough business – sometimes you have to push one things forward, while others going on the background, no matter what you think. Like, currently I have LOTS of free time, but I have to prepare myself to that DJ-event, also I’m planning to go work as a VFX designer, so I have to practice myself doing that stuff and make something like portfolio. Another words – got free time, but I have to use it to buy some points for future Me in stuff that future Me gonna be involved.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.