Author Posts

June 10, 2015 at 6:09 pm

LOL, I wish I could afford to bribe you 😀

June 13, 2015 at 10:00 am

I don’t get it.

So, there would be some “topic-reveal” in July, or we are able to start development already?

June 13, 2015 at 10:09 am

Hi Ckau! That is correct, there is a topic reveal on July 1st. This is to stop anyone working on a game for it before the two week jam period actually begins.

However you are welcome to look for a team already. A couple of ways are to find a team are:

1. create a project and choose “game jam” option – advertise the roles you would like to join you.
2. post on: http://ludust.wpengine.com/forums/topic/gamejampacked-recruitment.

Let me know if I can help further.

June 13, 2015 at 10:21 am

I get it, that’s what messed my cards here 😀

Like, starting new project without any idea on what it will be.

June 13, 2015 at 10:25 am

Haha, yeah that does sound weird and I can understand the confusion.

The game jam projects are marked differently and will go in their own section on the site where people looking to join a team can find them – it’s a bit of an experiment 🙂

June 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm

this sounds great 😀

June 13, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Hi @wifom, just want something in my mind to be cleared 🙂

In the TBA theme, you won’t do something like, ‘The theme is 3D!!’ or ‘Theme is pixel art!!” right? So I can look for a 3D/pixel artist beforehand

June 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm

@furibaito I wouldn’t say so because they are not themes, just styles. A theme would be for example, “Unicorns”, “Survival” or “Evolution”

June 13, 2015 at 6:05 pm

@ckau You can start brainstorming for a game idea on what platform it’ll be, setting, general story, etc. You can be very broad during this stage before the jam starts! That’ll allow you to be able to incorporate the theme in there somehow.

For example, you might be like “I want to do something with a hero failing to save the princess” or “mushroom detonators in a maze created by pizza.” As long as none of the more important intricacies are set in stone (game mechanics, story details, etc.), you should be fine. 🙂

The theme shouldn’t be so specific that you have no room to be creative. Themes will be like “love after death” or “live without regrets” or “discovery of self.” It’ll help steer your game to be appropriate for the game jam, but won’t constrain you to come up with a very specific game.

Also, we have a recruitment thread if you prefer recruiting people to your team before you start coming up with potential ideas! 😀

@furibaito: It won’t specify any requirements for the team roles. 🙂 @alexcons is right. ^^

June 13, 2015 at 7:10 pm

@wifom

Nah, that doesn’t work for me. Like, if I have something on my mind of in my mood, it will apply to overall design anyways.

Usually I just bang my head over desk for two-three hours, then roll a cig, make a coffee, chill a little on the balcony and decide “F it, I will just do this and that. This gonna be fun, pretty easy and much fast.”

It’s hard to be a guy of a mood and have analytic mind at same time – those two are fighting all the time, lol 🙂

June 13, 2015 at 7:15 pm

@ckau It’s awesome that you have both mind sets!

We all have different ways to go through brainstorming stages. 🙂

June 14, 2015 at 1:51 am

Oh alright, that explanation for ckau gets me well too.

Thanks

June 15, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Would love to participate any team currently in limbo looking for a  composer / recording guy? 🙂

June 15, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Yayyy! I’m glad you decided to join the jam, @peterpiano. 🙂

There’s actually a recruitment thread right here if you’re looking for a team: http://ludust.wpengine.com/forums/topic/gamejampacked-recruitment-%F0%9F%8C%9F/

Can’t wait to see your stuff.

June 27, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Hey guys, quick question to the engine. You say about being able to see what we use, does this mean that Unity can’t be used since it’s non-pro edition has a forced splash screen? It technically doesn’t affect anything within a game itself, but it does have to be there before the game starts up.

Edit: I’m asking because not everyone has the £800 to throw at Unity-Pro just to remove a splash-screen (Not its only feature, but the only one of concern at the moment)