Author Posts

June 11, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Points are back on the forum, as XP points! You now level up and get a new class based on your xp. I haven’t decided for sure on the names of each “class” yet, and if you can think of a good set let me know.

Best way to get XP right now is to start topics on the forum. You can grind out xp pretty easy by just replying to topics though 😀

I might add an xp bar for each level too as that sounds fun – not sure yet.

June 11, 2015 at 4:02 pm

hi

Don’t mind me. I just need to level up

jk. Nice work nick 🙂
How about using that “PARTICIPANT” box for the class name? Maybe special for you and wifom use Archmage or something if you have already decided the class names theme.
And, I think it will be tidier if these forum portraits are ordered like this :
1. Image
2. Name
3. Username (the @ thingy one)
4. Box with the classname
5. XP
6. Skills

June 11, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Haha :p

I have not decided on the class theme yet, so if you can think of another set of names that are to do with games/making games let me know!

Neatening it up like that sounds good to me – added to my to do list.

June 11, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Maybe it can be something related to game dev making? Because this is awesome! Haha.

I don’t know the ins-and-outs of the gaming industry roles so I might be lacking in the terminology though. xD

June 11, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Yeah I really want it to be something to do with game Dev, but I don’t want to confuse people into thinking that tag is what we actually are or do for a living. If anyone has an idea let me know!

June 12, 2015 at 10:13 am

I added the xp bar! It might need some tweaks but the big news is me and @furibaito are about to level up!

I need to neaten up the skills and add moderator tags back but I hope this makes posting on the forums more fun 🙂

June 12, 2015 at 11:55 am

Fun, is there not a class : Destroyator of the universe? ^^

June 12, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Haha, yes there are some fun classes if you get to 1000+ points

But for now they are a secret 😀

June 12, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Argh. This beautiful animated XP bar makes me wanna spam the forums.

haha just kidding.. loves it 🙂 What do you think about making the distance between the classname and the XP bar closer while making more distance for the @ thingy with the classname? So it feels like

[Basic forum identification]
empty line
[class and xp]
empty line
[skillz]

just an idea :p

June 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Haha, feel free to grind your way up – new topics are worth way more 😉

I have changed it to your suggestion, that looks better!

Also I made a slight miscalculation with the xp bar progress – we are not as close to leveling as I thought 🙁

I will be adding other tasks to to the xp system soon.

June 12, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Great touch to forum posting! @admin, you are doing a fantastic job!

June 12, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Alex! That means a lot, especially coming from a cleric 😀

June 13, 2015 at 6:25 pm

This is awesome!

Are they a direct representation of the posts that we’ve made? Or is there an algorithm behind it? ^^

June 13, 2015 at 6:33 pm

It’s an algorithm but it’s not massively complex 🙂 new threads are worth more than posts and there are a few other earners.

You will be getting a special moderator badge soon =)