Author Posts

June 15, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I’m sure you guys are aware that E3 is occurring tomorrow (now if you are reading later). What do you guys expect? Are there any new games you are looking forward to?

I am already happy with the Oculus announcement, adding the new Oculus Touch, which will simulate the sense of touch:

June 15, 2015 at 4:37 pm

MICROSOFT UPDATES:

• New Elite wireless controller for Xbox One and Windows 10
  • Xbox One is now backwards compatible, you can now play 360 games on your Xbox One
  • Many new games, such as Fallout 4, Halo 5, PvZ Garden Warfare 2 and a new Forza Racing game
  • HOLY CARP!! Microsoft introduce HoloLens, a computer headset using Windows 10 with HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGES!!

June 15, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Cool, thanks for the updates. Oculus touch?! Didn’t see that coming! Just needs a good way of moving around in real life whilst using it now. Oh and oculus smell.

June 16, 2015 at 2:07 am

Wow I’m so excited with Microsoft Hololens. I mean, holograms is here!!

Oculus is awesome but.. but..

*still waiting for nervegear*

June 16, 2015 at 9:46 am

That hololens demo with minecraft was fantastic – opens up a lot of possibilities!

June 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm

EA was for kind of a big let down, well it was to be expected that they would show a lot , i mean A LOT of sports games, but i thought that was too much -_-

so excited for Sony and Square 😮

but anyway bethesda won e3 with that awesome fallout 4 presentation and the really soon release date.

gosh i love video games too much, i really need to visit e3 some time in the future before im too old to travel! :>

June 16, 2015 at 10:39 pm

This is my forth year attending E3 and I must say its my favorite year to date. As Pierre mentioned, I really did love the Bethesda briefing as well. Todd Howard is one of the best presenters I come to know. He’s a really humble guy and brings an entertaining and comical aspect to any presentation. Not to mention the cute little figures we got at the end :)… I was also really impressed with Sony’s briefing as well. It was fast, and to the point, showcasing many great games, and really big announcements.

Its also great to see many of the games this year using PBR workflows and photogrammetry. We are using the same workflows within our studio and it give us many new ideas in how in incorporate them.

I also got my hands on the consumer version of the Oculus Rift for the first time and I must say that I’m completely blown away. The screen door effect has been completely removed along with the higher refresh rates, makes our current DK2 seem obsolete. The only down side as of right now is the incorporated audio. Its only using 3d stereo sound. I asked if the headsets could be removed and they said at the first gen release they will not be removable but we will have the options later on with later models. So early adopters will kinda suffer a bit.

Day 2 here we go! 🙂

June 17, 2015 at 6:42 am

@pandagonstudios, wow! Have a great time there, please keep us updated!

June 18, 2015 at 2:29 am

Thanks Alex, Day 2 and 3 were great. Got hands on with a few games along with attending the PC Gamer conference.

So far got hands on with Uncharted 4, Battleborn, No Mans Sky, Overkill’s The Walking Dead, and Unravel, and a few others that were behind closed doors. I have to say I’m totally impressed with the indie titles this year, especially No Mans Sky and Unravel (my picks for game of show). Also got my hands on the new Xbox controller.

Any questions, ask away!

June 18, 2015 at 6:39 am

@pandagonstudios How does the xbox elite controller feel? From pictures it looks like it was leather coated

June 18, 2015 at 10:44 am

I liked the new feel of the controller (not leather coated) the grips are now covered in a rubber material that helps grip and minimizes clammy and sweaty hands after extended use. The hand grips felt just slightly bigger in my opinion. The added “P” buttons are a nice new touch but at times I found myself hitting them on accident when I didn’t mean to. But the new buttons will be able to be costumed mapped depending on the games that you play.  Got hands on Black Ops 3 with the new controller as well, witch made more sense to use this controller with.

The controller can be all yours for the one time low, low price of $150. lol