Author Posts

May 31, 2015 at 11:28 am

So I want to see what songs that you have been composing for someone’s/your current project! Whether it’s completed or a work in progress, I want how far you have gone so far :D.   I’ve currently finished a Cave theme (still need to convert into chiptune) and am mostly done on a Hall theme. I will post the music tomorrow 🙂

May 31, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Can’t wait to hear some of these! I am pretty sure @jfaferrie1 has been working on some great stuff!

June 3, 2015 at 10:50 am

Here’s a track I came up with for Interibang! Sky High

I’m not sure how to embed Soundcloud links in here, I’ve seen people do it, but I don’t know how.

Will be great to see some other work!

June 3, 2015 at 12:32 pm

@robdouglas Love it. It is so chilled out all the way though, but the last 40 seconds are really special 🙂

I embeded it for you, hope that’s ok! If you want to do it in the future: click the “Share” button under your track, then click “Embed”, copy the code and paste it in here. Oh, you have to switch this text edit box to the text view (top right of this text box, two tabs, click text) to paste the code in.

June 3, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I hope @anthony_webb doesn’t mind me reposting this from his shout box, but I didn’t want it to go unnoticed.

June 4, 2015 at 3:37 am

@robdouglas: I love the retro tone you bring into the song. It has a nice, relaxing and casual mood to it. Really looking forward to Interibang. 🙂

@anthony_webb: Wow! Talk about super somber and super cool. The mystical feel it starts off with, then merging into an intensifying combo later in the soundtrack is brilliant. ^^

June 4, 2015 at 9:16 pm

@admin: I don’t mind at all, thanks for the repost 🙂

@robdouglas: nice work, I especially liked the strings a the end.

@wifom: thanks for listening 🙂

June 4, 2015 at 10:18 pm

My pleasure! Can’t wait to see the work you’ll do on others projects. 🙂

June 8, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Hey @tellabrandi – that’s some awesome stuff. I’m super excited to learn more about the progress of Echelon. Do you have it uploaded on Ludust? Would love to follow it. 🙂 It sounds really mysterical (mysterious + mythical… totally got that from a typo)!

June 9, 2015 at 1:30 am

@admin Haha, thanks. Meant to reply to this a while back but slipped my mind.

At the moment I’ve been working on transcribing and orchestrating the origional 8 bit tracks from pokemon red and blue for the fan game ‘Planet Pokemon’. I’m really enjoying working on these, its great working on the music that was basically my childhood, pokemon blue might even have been the first video game I played, to quite some extent at least…. 😛

Ive got some of the tracks I’m working on up on soundcloud, this is the most recent track I have uploaded.

https://m.soundcloud.com/jfaferrie/oaks-lab

As for my own origional works, I dont have much on my soundcloud at the moment. I have a piece I composed based on a Scottish melody I wrote, the arrangement itself is not so complex, and the other piece is based on minimalism and heterophony.  https://m.soundcloud.com/john-ferrie-2

What I am working on at the moment is a suite for string orchestra and I’m looking to make a start on a string quartet over the summer.

June 9, 2015 at 2:49 am

Hi, no this game isn’t on Ludust.. I suppose that’s up to the dev. I’m just a lowly composer. 🙂

June 9, 2015 at 7:40 pm

@tellabrandi That main theme is pretty brooding! Really enjoyed this track, hope you don’t mind me posting it (as it is not game related) 🙂

@jfaferrie1 – No problem, but you know I have got to embed this stuff as I don’t want people missing out 😀

Wow this is haunting!

June 9, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Haha, Thanks 😀 Also or future reference, what is the code to embed soundcloud tracks? On forums I have used before its been [soundcloud][/soundcloud] is it the same here?

June 9, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I go to the sound cloud track, click share, click embed, copy the code and paste it in here.

I might implement something like [soundcloud] in the future though, as that sounds a little easier.