Author Posts

June 2, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Some very interesting and astonishing points on this infographic, made by Superdata.

June 2, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Those are some interesting stats!

I find it amazing that PAD is ranked #2 when a majority of people don’t know about it (at least among my peers).

June 3, 2015 at 6:45 am

@wifom, then I am one of those people! Never heard of it before but it must be very famous if it has racked up $1.5 billion in profit!

June 3, 2015 at 7:46 am

Yeah I am also one of those people! I don’t know dungeon fighter online either, but it looks pretty good. I think I have spent to much time on LOL. Nice info-graphic, I am always a big fan of these types of things.

June 3, 2015 at 4:06 pm

@alexcons Thanks for the article again!

I feel that Japan currently has a pretty big potential on mobile games growth. It has many players, and they’re willing to spend their money. Unlike in my country which is mostly cheap (Myself included). Good thing that the market hasn’t filled yet with giant corporations publishing their MMOs on mobile like in China. There are too many MMOs in the mobile Chinese market (And non-mobile too), it’s too hard to make your way in.

And for the MMO in general, I think League of Legends will always take the first place in the next decade. As a game developer and a league player myself and I feel that the game and their management are the closest to perfect. Fun teamwork gameplay, rapid content updates, amazing story and lore, great and nice developers, great progressing in ranked system and many other things. Even the release of long-awaited MMO like Diablo III and Dota 2 won’t make a significant shake at the LoL’s playerbase. That’s amazing.

June 3, 2015 at 4:41 pm

@furibaito @admin Glad you enjoyed the graphic. I have also played LoL and I really did enjoy it. Apart from what furibaito said, their servers also have good uptime and quality.

And yes, if you want to make as much revenue as possible if you are a mobile developer, you must target Japan, South Korea and China.

June 4, 2015 at 9:35 pm

@alexcons Asian market is really fond of mobile game. So yes, if you have to choose a second language for your game it should definitively be either chinese, korean or japanese 🙂

Thanks for the infography Alex 😀